Time: 10am - 4pm
Date: Monday 15th January 2018
Where: Brighton Sewing Centre, North Road, Brighton
Cost: £65 including fabrics and pattern
Come along to this beginner workshop where you will further your skills in sewing and make your own backpack.
You will learn how to:
- navigate a simple pattern and understand all the symbols and markings and understand the language of patterns.
- accurately cut out your fabric
- construct the backpack and sew accurate
- sew with a non-stick foot
- techniques for attaching webbing to metal hardware
You will not need to bring anything. All materials are provided but can be chosen in advance to save time on the day.
This class is suitable for beginners who are comfortable using a sewing machine for simple projects.
Taking a class at the Brighton Sewing Centre entitles you to 10% off fabric in the shop and we are always happy to help you pick the right fabric for your project. Please Note: It’s a good idea to wash the fabric before the workshop to allow for some shrinkage.
Tea/coffee and biscuits will be provided throughout the day to help you with the sewing process. Please bring along a packed lunch or visit one of the lovely local cafes in the area.
This class can also be run for a private group with a minimum of 4 people.